"On any given day, more than 1/3 of patients being treated in children's hospitals are teenagers like you!"
The Youth Leadership Council (YLC) is a group of students grades 8 – 12, who are committed to being socially conscious and responsible in making a difference for children and teens receiving treatment for cancer and other life-threatening illnesses through the Alicia Rose Victorious Foundation.
Email [email protected] for more information and the link to attend.
- Tuesday, March 16th at 7:00 PM on Zoom
- Tuesday, April 20th at 3:00 PM on Zoom
- Tuesday, May 18th - TIME TBD
Youth Leadership Council Member Description
- Assemble and ship over 500 Teen Kits and Bandana Pillows to hospitalized teens throughout the country!
- Be an ambassador for ARVF by raising awareness of ARVF’s mission and impact.
- Brainstorm ideas with other members of YLC for the various components of Victorious 4 Teens programs, including its unique and one-of-a-kind Teen Kit
- Participate in YLC meetings, volunteer opportunities, fundraisers, and events.
- Provide content, LIKE and SHARE, for ARVF social media and website.
Why join the Youth Leadership Council?
- Bridge the gap by being an advocate for hospitalized teens in their communities, outside of the classroom.
- Build valuable skills in leadership development, teamwork, and organization.
- Develop knowledge of non-profit structure and operations.
- Obtain volunteer experience and learn resume building.
- Gain a deep satisfaction in knowing that your involvement will help provide #Victorious4Teens programs to hospitalized teens throughout the country.
YLC Member Expectations
- Become knowledgeable about ARVF’s story and mission to accurately represent the organization’s goals to the community.
- Commit to attending a minimum number of the monthly meetings (YLC meetings are held approximately one afternoon a month from 3:00 - 4:30 pm, September through June. For this upcoming year, all meetings will be held virtually over Zoom.)
- Teens 4 Teens fun-raising! Fundraise on your own, or through your school clubs.
- Participation in at least two ARVF volunteer events throughout the year, including MLK Day of Service during Teen Cancer Awareness Week.
- Willing to engage with other teens and communicate with the ARVF staff and team.
Interested in YLC, and being Victorious 4 Teens?
Email [email protected] with any questions.